FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How does the TENS unit work?
- It uses bio-electric stimulus to massage your muscles. Your muscles respond to the impulses by contracting and relaxing rhythmically. This can really help to reduce tension and knots. It can also reduce inflammation.
- Consequently, it can help your muscles and joints feel better. The soothing sensations are similar to that given by a massage specialist.
- Where can I use the pads?
- You can use the pads on almost every muscle and joint area on your body. Do not apply the massage pads near the heart, on the head, on the throat or face use the option for the ears or face, or in the mouth. As a general rule of thumb if you have a muscle or joint that is hurting, put the pads on or around the area always making sure both pads are on muscles.
- The best way to relieve your pain is to find the pain points and apply the pads there.
- It provides passive exercise to cellulite areas and helps to shape and tone the body. This is ideal for women to use on their abdominal muscles after giving birth, and for anyone who lives a sedentary life style.
- Elderly and people who are forced to sit for prolonged periods of time can use this on all different muscle groups to maintain muscle tone and prevent atrophy and muscle stiffness. It is also used to help relieve tired, achy, strained muscles and to give you relaxation and a deep soothing massage.
- How far up on the back of my neck can I put the massage pads?
- All the way up the neck. If you have tension at the base of your head, placing the pads there will help that area. This also helps with headaches.
- I put the massage pads on my shoulders, but the massage sensation feels uncomfortable. What should I do?
- You probably have a lot of tension in that area or you may have it turned up to high. Turn the machine down and then slowly go up as needed. If this doesn't work try this, often people don’t realize that they have tension until they get a massage. If the uncomfortable feeling persists for more than a minute or two, move the massage pads over or down a little. Sometimes, an indirect massage is necessary for your really sensitive areas.
- Is this safe to use?
- Bio-electric stimulus is perfectly safe to use and is therapeutic for most people. However, people with certain health conditions cannot use this massager. Pregnant women must avoid using this massager, however in Europe women use this devise while in labor. Patients who use a pacemaker or life support equipment, such as an artificial heart-lung device(s) and/or respirator type medical devices must avoid using this massager.
- Consult with your doctor before using if you have or think you have:
- Acute disease
- Cardiac dysfunction
- High fever
- Infectious disease
- Malignant tumors
- Recent surgery
- Skin problems